Sync First available pod

Is there a way to auto sync to the next non synced pod? I have 5 dev pods set up and currently they are shown in a list when using okteto up. Instead of a chance of our devs syncing to the same pod is there a way to have the up command choose a pod and return the name?

Hi @DylanLade !

I’m not sure I understand your question. You mean that you want to enable dev mode (okteto up) in different services and for each you have to select it from the list instead of having an automatic way of attaching to the first which is not in dev mode?

If it’s that, there is no way of doing it, but you can use okteto up <service-name>, so you can directly connect to the specified one. So you can have okteto up service1, okteto up service2, etc… instead of having to choose them from the selector.

1 Like

Thanks for the help @nacho! That is the scenario I’m trying to figure out, our sevices are just identical copies of the web app and was wondering if we could avoid needing to communicate which service we are each working in.

Hi @DylanLade !

Right now, there is no way of knowing it with the CLI. If you are using the whole Okteto platform, you can see it in the UI. There, you can check which services are in development mode. It would be the only way for now.

I will pass the use case to the product team to see how we can improve the experience. Would it be also ok to have some indicator in the selector telling that a service is in dev mode or not?

1 Like

I don’t see any issue with more features, whatever your team wants to add is up to them.